This recipe is a very impressive and sophisticated side dish for any holiday meal. It also features one of our newest products: Fox Barrel Rhubarb & Elderberry Cider!
Pear and Gorgonzola Tart with Fox Barrel Cider
- 1 store bought pie shell
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola
- ½ cup Fox Barrel Rhubarb Elderberry Cider
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 small pears, cored and sliced
- 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- Bake the pie shell in a square or round tart pan according to package instructions. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, Gorgonzola, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Using a hand blender, whip the cheeses together.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the pears & ½ cup of cider, cook until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- When the tart crust has cooled slightly, gently spread the whipped cheese mixture evenly over the bottom of the tart. Place the pear slices in a decorative pattern over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the thin strips of prosciutto over the pears.
- Cut into squares or wedges and serve.
Recipe adapted by Atlas Wine Brand Manager Erin Megna