Atlas Sales is looking for a hardworking and focused team member who enjoys interacting with customers and ensuring accurate and friendly deliveries in our community. Working hours are at the driver’s discretion, Tuesday-Friday, approximately 6am-4pm.
A CDL is required to apply for this position. If you do not yet have a CDL, consider applying for our warehouse position, and we will help you work toward obtaining your CDL.
We are a fun team that works in one of the most enjoyable industries in the world: beverage distribution. If you think you have what it takes to join the Atlas crew, take a look at the duties below and apply online or in person at our office.
Atlas Sales, Inc.
2955 W. Columbia Ave
Battle Creek MI 49015
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Sales Manager
Compensation: Full Time, $20/hour + healthcare benefits + 401k retirement matching.
- Enjoys working with people.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid commercial driver license (CDL)
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new procedures.
- Capable of handling public relations situations competently and comfortably.
- Qualified with regard to the Michigan Motor Carrier Safety Act.
- Good driving record.
- Follow all applicable provisions of current Union Agreement.
- Pleasant and friendly
- Good health
- Ability to work without direct supervision
A varied work environment, with duties that may include:
- Ensure that truck is loaded with needed stock and verify accuracy of load required before leaving building.
- Deliver full containers to retail outlets and pick up empty containers.
- Use provided mobile device to complete transactions and submit notes.
- Assist in placement of temporary sign material and displays as requested.
- Help build and maintain displays as requested.
- Report any problems with current advertising or displays.
- Collect payment; figure transactions.
- Account for money, merchandise and returned empties when checking in.
- Greet customers by name; maintain respect and good will of customer, employees and consumers.
- Have complete knowledge of product, packages, prices, and policies.
- Maintain neat, clean appearance and cheerful, respectful manner.
- Be aware of and constantly practice good public relations — when driving and when servicing accounts.
- Keep truck cab and assigned work spaces clean and organized at all times.
- Work closely with salespeople in the pursuit of the mutual responsibilities of:
- Selling brands and packages.
- Securing good selling locations in accounts and coolers.
- Acquiring new and existing draught knobs.
- Stock product on shelves, on floor, and in coolers.
- Rotate stock in stockroom, on floor, and on shelves.
- Alert management to problems that could lead to overage beer.
- Read code dates.
- Know policy on code dates and overage beer.
- Remove outdated product.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
If you are interested in this position please apply online or stop by our office between 9am and 3pm to fill out an application in person.